Location: Remote in Canada or hybrid from one of our offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver.
Length: 8-week Summer Co-op
Compensation: Paid – provincial minimum wage
Want to make an impact in the sustainability and climate change space this summer? If you do, then this internship opportunity is for you!
Leading Change Canada is seeking a passionate Fundraising Intern to join its team this summer. In this role, you will work closely with our Executive Director and Steering Committee to help identify and apply for funding opportunities that will empower us to forge connections with sustainability and innovation leaders from across the country. This will include researching potential grants, working with the fundraising committee, and updating fundraising records and processes. In addition to fundraising, you also will help collaborate on the creation of a marketing strategy for Leading Change.
As a not-for-profit organization, we are looking for emerging talent who share our passion for combating the climate change crises, champion sustainability as a strategy, lead energy transformation, foster a circular economy, and mobilize capital towards building a more prosperous future. Our hope for this internship opportunity is help you transform your passion into real professional skills that maximize your impact. To get you where you need to be, we will offer you training, mentorship, and ongoing guidance to you on all tasks and digital platforms you will need to succeed in this role.
ABOUT LEADING CHANGE and OUR GROUP OF ORGANIZATIONS
Leading Change Canada is a national not-for-profit supporting a Canada-wide network of young sustainability leaders and professionals between the ages of 19-35. We act as the “connective tissue” between youth organizations, initiatives, and individuals and equip them with the knowledge, networks, and platforms needed to create real, substantiated positive change. Our flagship program is the Leading Change Forum, held biennially in parallel with the GLOBE Forum since 2004.
Leading Change is part of Profoundry, a collective of like-minded sustainability and climate experts who help organizations create value and have a positive impact on society. Our group includes Delphi, GLOBE Series, and CBSR. Together, we are focused on achieving our vision: a more sustainable, prosperous, socially just future in a generation.
- Maintain and organize a prospect/donor database
- Provide updates and progress reports to management and fundraising committee
- Identify prospective individual, foundation, and corporate donors. Develop strategies to cultivate those relationships
- Generate initiatives that increase donor loyalty
- Write grant applications
- Provide accurate data collection for grant reporting and proposals
- Draft copy and select impactful photographs for blogposts, newsletters, one pagers and fundraising campaigns
- Provide marketing support where needed
- Enrollment in or completion of a post-secondary program in Business, Marketing, Communications, or Program Development or equivalent experience
- Strong writing and communication skills (English) with the ability to adapt tone to resonate with various audiences
- Strong organizational and systems-development skills
- Basic knowledge of sustainability and environment-related concepts
- Experience with various social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Experience with various software programs (e-mail, word processing, databases, MS Excel) and adaptability to new software
- Creativity and an eye for design
- Ability to plan and organize day-to-day workload and set priorities
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset but not required
THE BENEFITS OF SPENDING YOUR SUMMER WITH LEADING CHANGE
Personalized Career Coaching
- Personalized career and training and development plans as well as training and development time, coaching and funding;
- Potential free access to world-class virtual and in-person sustainability events, hosted by GLOBE Series and Leading Change; and
- Join a network of ~90,000 sustainability and environmental thought-leaders, experts and leaders through our colleagues, websites, social media, and email networks.
- Our passion and philosophy towards sustainability extends to the employee lifecycle; and
- Flexible PTO and hours allow our team members to make an impact while still having the freedom to focus on what matters most to them.
Commitment to our Communities and the Environment
- Organizational commitment to donating a minimum of 1% of revenue annually;
- Annual Employee Eco-Fund provides grants for investing in personal projects resulting in advanced emissions reductions or a greener economy. Examples of previously funded projects include solar panels, heat pump, and zero-emissions vehicles;
- During our annual Month of Giving, any official donations made by employees will be matched dollar for dollar by the company; and
- Opportunities to participate in employee-based committees such as our Green Team, Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Health and Safety Committee, Mental Health Committee, and Culture Committee.
Flexible Work Schedules/Locations
- Our team members can work from our collaborative offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, and Toronto or from the comfort of their own home, anywhere in Canada.
Training, professional development, and ongoing guidance will be offered. The candidate will benefit from additional soft skill development and opportunities to learn through a broad network of environment and sustainability professionals.
Leading Change values and encourages the contributions of individuals who identify as members of communities traditionally underrepresented in positions of leadership or power (Black, Indigenous, persons with disability, visible minorities, LGBTQI2+). We recognize that structural barriers shape experiences and opportunities and take this into consideration with screening and selection decisions. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and cover letter through Zoho Careers. Kindly note that Zoho is only allows you to upload one document, so please combine your CV and cover letter into a single PDF.
Leading Change invites all job candidates to complete a pre-screening assessment, which mitigates any unconscious identity bias during our initial screening process. During this assessment, you should avoid including any identifying information, such as references to gender, geographic location, nationality, and/or age. If you pass the initial pre-screening assessment, your application will be reviewed by the hiring committee. The most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an interview process with hiring committee members. If you have any questions about this process, kindly contact us at email@example.com.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued, and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.