What is Leading Change?
Leading Change is a Canada-wide movement started by young environmental and sustainability professionals aimed at engaging, empowering and educating the next generation of environmental leaders, policy thinkers, entrepreneurs and community actors to catalyze action and influence positive change locally, regionally and internationally. The objective is to address environmental, social and economic issues that are critical to attaining a sustainable future for the next generation.
What is The Forum for Emerging Environmental Leaders?
The Forum for Emerging Environmental Leaders is an energy-filled day of plenaries, keynotes, workshops and mentoring sessions that will both inspire and equip delegates to lead change in their own communities. The Forum runs in parallel with the GLOBE Leadership Summit for Sustainable Business and provides multiple post-Forum touch points for selected delegates to take advantage of throughout the week.
The outcomes of The Forum include an expanded network of informed emerging leaders; established relationships between the emerging leaders and mentors; new employment opportunities for young leaders; and innovative new project ideas for emerging leaders to implement in their workplaces, post-secondary institutions and communities.
Where and when is the next Forum for Emerging Environmental Leaders taking place?
The 2018 Forum for Emerging Environmental Leaders will take place the week of March 12 in Vancouver, BC.
What are the benefits of attending The Forum for Emerging Environmental Leaders?
- Connect with 150 passionate young sustainability leaders from across Canada
- Access unique networking opportunities with political and industry leaders
- Learn about new career and employment opportunities
- Be inspired by new ideas (e.g. community projects, a new business, innovating within the workplace)
Subject to availability:
- Access to GLOBE 2018 plenary panels, breakout sessions, keynotes and social events from March 14-16 at the Vancouver Convention Centre
- Possibility of partial subsidization of travel expenses for out-of-town participants
- The opportunity to present your innovative idea to a GLOBE audience
What are the requirements to be considered a delegate for The Forum for Emerging Environmental Leaders?
The Forum is open to Canadian students and young professionals 19-35 years of age with demonstrated leadership and interest in environmental issues.
How do I apply for The Forum?
Applications are anticipated to open in late November 2017.
Is there a cost to apply to attend The Forum?
It is free to apply. Upon acceptance for participation, a small fee will be payable at event registration. Details regarding fees will be announced shortly.
I do not live in Vancouver. Are there travel bursaries available?
Partial subsidization of travel expenses for out-of-town participants may be provided to full-time students. Recent graduates will be considered based on demonstrated need and availability of sponsorship.
My company / organization would like to support The Leading Change Forum – what kind of sponsorship opportunities are available?
That’s great news! Our Sponsorship Prospectus is now available if you’d like to get a sense of the many ways we can work together. We also encourage you to contact Rory Nussbaumer, Sponsorship and Sustainability Coordinator and Janessa Grossett, Event Manager to discuss how we can best support your organization’s objectives.
What are some of the benefits of sponsorship?
- Profile and media: in addition to the Leading Change network and the significant interest that the next generation gains before, during and after the event, receive increased exposure through the broader GLOBE 2018 conference
- Access to the resumes of 150 of Canada’s best and brightest young leaders from a range of professional backgrounds, all engaged in the area of sustainability
- The opportunity to engage in a national dialogue with participants on a particular issue of interest to your organization
- Professional development for youth in your organization: forum attendance will foster leadership skills development, inspire passion, educate and motivate the next generation of leaders